Keeping mom feeling beautiful without a trip to the spa
Home Beauty Treatments!
I have begun to embrace at home beauty treatments. Pre babies I was a bit high maintenance and I can still maintain some of that for a lot cheaper while at home and I don't need a babysitter. I don't endorse any products I've just wasted my own money on the bad ones so you can reap the benefits of knowing the good ones. So here we go:
1. I love ProActiv facewash kit. It comes to my door right when I need it and I haven't gotten pimples in forever, even in my last pregnancy! If you want to save money just tell them to stretch out your shipments so they can ship to you every 12 weeks instead of every 6 weeks. And you can also ask them to switch what they send you. Like if you go through a lot of cleanser but not the lotion they can give you 2 cleansers and a toner and you can get lotion the next time. Its about $39 plus shipping
2. Daily Self Tanners. These are great because they don't smell bad and don't leave streaks. I like the ones by Jergens and Dove the most. Jergens makes an oil free moisturizer for the face too. You can find these at all drugstores or Walmart and Target. They each cost about $8.
3. Now some people may think I'm crazy for this one but I am in LOVE with my Epilator! Remember those horrible "Epilady" machines from the late 80's? Well they have improved the technology and I have to say I'm in love. I save so much time by not shaving in the shower, I don't have to buy shaving cream or razors or do it in a rush because baby is crying. It's not messy like waxing so if I'm in the middle of doing it and someone calls or I have to take care of the kids I can just stop and start back up when the kids are napping. Now I'm not gonna lie. The first time you do it if you've never waxed it will probably hurt like the dickens!!!! But the results are amazing and in the long run you save money and time. I use theBraun Silk-epil Xpress Wet Dry. It also comes with trimming and shaving attachments. It pulls hairs out from the root and they come back very light and then barely come back at all. You need to exfoliate daily with a sugar scrub or loofah so you don't get ingrowns. I got mine at Bed Bath and Beyond so I could use the 20% discount. It was $119 before the discount. But I also found www.Amazon.com had a good price. Trust me it saves $ in the long run.
4. Now for makeup I used to be a MAC junkie. I still have almost every eyeshadow color they make. But their foundation and powder run about $30 a piece. I was also using Lancome mascara for about $30 too. That's $90 on three products! So I asked around to see what people recommended. I found Covergirl Advanced Radiance foundation and pressed powder for about $10 each. they are oil free and have the exact coverage I was looking for. And I am crazy about Covergirl LashBlast Mascara you can get 2 for $10 at Target when they are on special. Its the best mascara I've ever used!
5. This product works really well on days you don't have time for your hair but want it to look great anyway. It also depends on your hairs texture if you need it.
It's by Scunci and it's called "Create the Perfect Pony" I found it at Rite Aid one day and I love it! It costs about $5. You just put the rubber insert in your ponytail and you have a full glamorous ponytail in a few minutes. Scunci Perfect Pony Tool with 3 No Damage 4mm Elastics (Pack of 3)
6. This last one is the best antiperspirant I've ever used and I don't know why more people don't use it. Maybe because it's packaging looks really 80's but you know when your lifting children, babies, carseats, strollers and everything else it takes to get out of the house with a baby the last thing you want to worry about it sweating. And you can find it at Target or drugstores it costs around $5 unlike Secret Clinical Strength which is $14! You use Certain Dri at night and you won't need anything the following day or sometimes for up to three days! It's amazing!
The purpose of this blog is by no means to give advice to others as if I know it all. I am like all other moms figuring it out day by day while attempting to look like I know what I’m doing. I realized that I would have to get creative and figure out how to get things done. Examples of some of these things we moms unknowingly have to figure out are listed below:
Attempting to look well rested (I heart concealer) Using your mouth, elbows, hips and knees as if they were hands (extra hands should be a product at Babies r us)
Trying to fit everything into a stroller basket that is too small
Trying to not let the stroller tip over when removing your baby (because my diaper bag is always heavier than the baby)
Strategically planning all outings around naptime..or pay the price Finding all the elevators in the world
Making anything into a changing table and trying to make sure nobody is looking ( so far I've used my lap, my car, benches and more that I just don't even want to say)
Cleaning all the grossest bodily fluids off of your hands with dignity
Multitask like it’s an Olympic Sport (I can breastfeed a newborn, while feeding a toddler, doing the laundry and the dishes at the same time and take a sip of Diet Coke every now and then)
Suppressing all negative emotions until naptime
And more. The point is we are all at some moment experiencing similar things. I will try to focus on three main things while blogging (although most of my family has ADHD and I tend to go off on tangents) Divas, Diapers and Dollars.
Divas will focus on us the moms! Finally huh? And yes we still have the right to be divas Diapers will address all things baby and toddler Dollars will focus on saving money and being resourceful as well as product reviews You can search any of these three topics and more to find what you are looking for.
I'm a mom of two girls. One is 2 years and the other 7 months at the moment. Everyone thinks I'm crazy for having them so close together. Sometimes I think I'm crazy for doing it too. But I know after the first few years they will be really close. Having more than one child is Totally different that having only one. I've learned a lot and want to share the experience with humor (and maybe a glass of wine)