Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Keeping mom feeling beautiful without a trip to the spa




Home Beauty Treatments!



I have begun to embrace at home beauty treatments. Pre babies I was a bit high maintenance and I can still maintain some of that for a lot cheaper while at home and I don't need a babysitter. I don't endorse any products I've just wasted my own money on the bad ones so you can reap the benefits of knowing the good ones. So here we go:

1. I love ProActiv facewash kit. It comes to my door right when I need it and I haven't gotten pimples in forever, even in my last pregnancy! If you want to save money just tell them to stretch out your shipments so they can ship to you every 12 weeks instead of every 6 weeks. And you can also ask them to switch what they send you. Like if you go through a lot of cleanser but not the lotion they can give you 2 cleansers and a toner and you can get lotion the next time. Its about $39 plus shipping


2. Daily Self Tanners. These are great because they don't smell bad and don't leave streaks. I like the ones by Jergens and Dove the most. Jergens makes an oil free moisturizer for the face too. You can find these at all drugstores or Walmart and Target. They each cost about $8.






3. Now some people may think I'm crazy for this one but I am in LOVE with my Epilator! Remember those horrible "Epilady" machines from the late 80's?
Well they have improved the technology and I have to say I'm in love. I save so much time by not shaving in the shower, I don't have to buy shaving cream or razors or do it in a rush because baby is crying. It's not messy like waxing so if I'm in the middle of doing it and someone calls or I have to take care of the kids I can just stop and start back up when the kids are napping.
Now I'm not gonna lie. The first time you do it if you've never waxed it will probably hurt like the dickens!!!!
But the results are amazing and in the long run you save money and time. I use the Braun Silk-epil Xpress Wet Dry. It also comes with trimming and shaving attachments. It pulls hairs out from the root and they come back very light and then barely come back at all. You need to exfoliate daily with a sugar scrub or loofah so you don't get ingrowns. I got mine at Bed Bath and Beyond so I could use the 20% discount. It was $119 before the discount. But I also found www.Amazon.com had a good price. Trust me it saves $ in the long run.






4. Now for makeup I used to be a MAC junkie. I still have almost every eyeshadow color they make. But their foundation and powder run about $30 a piece. I was also using Lancome mascara for about $30 too. That's $90 on three products! So I asked around to see what people recommended. I found Covergirl Advanced Radiance foundation and pressed powder for about $10 each. they are oil free and have the exact coverage I was looking for. And I am crazy about Covergirl LashBlast Mascara you can get 2 for $10 at Target when they are on special. Its the best mascara I've ever used!







5. This product works really well on days you don't have time for your hair but want it to look great anyway. It also depends on your hairs texture if you need it.
It's by Scunci and it's called "Create the Perfect Pony" I found it at Rite Aid one day and I love it! It costs about $5. You just put the rubber insert in your ponytail and you have a full glamorous ponytail in a few minutes.


Scunci Perfect Pony Tool with 3 No Damage 4mm Elastics (Pack of 3)


6. This last one is the best antiperspirant I've ever used and I don't know why more people don't use it. Maybe because it's packaging looks really 80's but you know when your lifting children, babies, carseats, strollers and everything else it takes to get out of the house with a baby the last thing you want to worry about it sweating. And you can find it at Target or drugstores it costs around $5 unlike Secret Clinical Strength which is $14! You use Certain Dri at night and you won't need anything the following day or sometimes for up to three days! It's amazing!






2 comments:

  1. i love your blog audra cat. can you tell me how to bling out my lips too? hahaha. love you forever and im so glad that you're doing this blog. hopefully, i 'll be putting all your advice to use soon!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Tiff. I will bling out anything you want me to. I hope you'll be using this advice soon too!

    ReplyDelete

 
Crazy Hip Blog Mamas
Powered By Ringsurf
BLOGbal